Saturday, May 7, 2016

Where It Began





At the writing of this we are a family just embarking on a journey to become runners. We did the runDisney dark side race in April and had a very good time. Hubby and S ran the 10K. They did a bit of training but mostly they just ran it. M, D, and R ran the kids races. Sadly i didn't run anything because I was too slow at signing up for the 5K. None the less the weekend was a blast. The kids all loved running and want to do more. 

We have decided to let this push us to a healthier life and to all train to do the hardest race the children are allowed to do. Even though Hubby and I might consider doing the half marathon or the marathon we are running with the kids and they won't be old enough for those. 

As of today M, D, and I have begun our running schedule and Hubby and S will most likely begin theirs in the next day or so. I don't know what is going to happen but I plan to simply use this space to chronicle our journey. Who knows we may give it up in a few weeks. Or we may end up being very committed and enjoying it a lot. If that happens I think I will like having a spot to go back and see how far we have all come 

No comments:

Post a Comment