Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Second Time Out



Tonight was the second time my girls and I went out running. I'm sort of making up a 5Kntraining program for them. They would both like to run the princess 5K next February. It's kind of a long time from now but it gives us lots of time to get ready. So I took them out the other day and we went out for about 9 minutes. We went around our block one time and then a little more. Both girls felt they wanted to do more. So, today they did around the block twice. It was .82 miles min 13.33 minutes. Not bad really. It was a little harder so I think we will do around the block twice a few more times before we add anymore in. 

The best part is that they both love it. They were so happy. They are super excited to go for the 5K. D was struggling a little and said she felt it might be too much but when given the opportunity to go home instead of finishing she decided to finish. M said she liked the way running made her feel. I love that. I think that's super amazing and will serve her well in the journey to be healthier b

No comments:

Post a Comment